Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Priceless Keeps


There seems to be an appreciation of classic and vintage things lately, as so I observed with more specialty stores offering a wide array of replicas of furniture and decors inspired from eras gone by and of flea markets gaining more and more avid fans. If there’s one thing about vintage things that simply draw me to it, it is its story waiting to be told because certainly anything that has aged and withstood the test of times has a story worth telling. 

 We use vintage pieces to accessorize our home and they are proving to be excellent conversation pieces. It’s always a pleasure to tell stories behind a piece, how we acquired it, and how we restored it closest to its old glory. On the sentimental side of family vintage pieces, we take pride in giving honor to our folks that originally owned the piece by telling their tales. I particularly don’t know when our love for vintage things started but it’s definitely a common trait that my partner and I shared so continually searching for unique pieces is always an enjoyable endeavor. 
 
I really love to share with friends how anyone of us can actually start our own set of keepsake collection; we just have to keep in mind that what we call vintage now was actually once brand new. So it should be worthwhile to start looking around the house and decide which ones hold the most interesting history as those are definitely for keeps. More so, it’s been said that even the simplest thing can become priceless when it’s loved and cared for through generations in a family.

2 comments:

  1. I once helped to renovate a house where we found an old tool box forgotten in the walls. It was fascinating looking at all the old tools and wondering how they had been used. I love finding old history :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old things. I've collected treasures from ancient Egypt, a, Egyptian marquetry box made a centruy ago, different wooden boxes and an Arts and Crafts chair, which I absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete